Translate

Wednesday 9 May 2012

Slimming World Cannelloni with a difference!!



Sorry to all you Vegetarians, but this recipe isn't suitable for you, although it could be adapted with Quorn.


So I was deciding on what to have for lunch this afternoon and thought I would use up some Cannelloni pasta tubes that I had in the cupboard and the left over mince from this morning.  I found a recipe for Slimming World Cannelloni but alas I didn't have any Spinach, so I improvised!


The following is free on Extra Easy:


Ingredients:


Firstly I fried off the Lean mince with fry light, adding some Worcestershire Sauce, Garlic Salt, Onion Granules, Herbs and Smoked Paprika.


Once the mince was cooked through, I added a pot of Low Fat Cottage Cheese.













I then packed the mixture into the tubes as below, and layered into a oven proof dish.


I then made a sauce in a small bowl, mixing Passata (I use Passata and Basil as it has more flavour) with some Canderel (to taste) and a teaspoon of cinnamon to give it a sweet taste.  The sauce was then poured over the Cannelloni tubes and baked in the oven on 180 degrees for about 20-25 minutes.


Once the dish is baked I plated it up and served it with steamed vegetables.


Results:  A nice rich flavoured pasta dish, something different from the everyday pasta dish.

Score:  8/10


No comments:

Post a Comment